Monday, July 28, 2014

Like A Hurricane

 

Everything about the above poem speaks to me on a deeper level. It describes me and my nightly routine. The line that hurts the most is "Her mind is like a hurricane." That is truly me in a sentence. I have written extensively about the fact that I think a lot. I worry a lot. I over think everything. I cannot count the number of nights I've watched the clock and wondered "what if?" There have been too many sleepless nights spent in my head. I call it a character flaw. Today, a friend called it a character difference because flaw has a negative connotation to it. It's a part of me. It's My mind is like a hurricane, always moving quickly from one thought to the next. I can build up and tear down a scenario time and time again in my head. I always wonder what I could've done differently. It takes so much for me to turn off my thoughts. A hurricane is a perfect description of what occurs inside of my head. I've never heard it described as such but the person who said this to me was right. He's also one of the few people who know me the best. This poem makes me not want my head to be a hurricane anymore. I'd like it to be peaceful and calm and beautiful. That would be my idea of euphoria. Hurricanes have never been a great thing in my life. They come in fast and leave destruction in their wake. I am not that woman. I am more than my thoughts and my ever wondering, worrying mind. I'm just Kenda.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment