Saturday, July 19, 2014

It's My Hair: Length Check


This is what boredom looks like in my world. Today, I wanted to see how long my hair was. I know how thick it is because I deal with it everyday. But, I hardly ever use heat on my hair anymore. This is only the second time I've flat ironed my hair in the last year or so. All week my hair has been in in a bantu knot out. I keep it well oiled and moisturized daily. So, today I didn't have to do much. I started by hand combing my hair in sections. I then sprayed my hair with Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist. It's a heat protectant and I love it. It works wonders and it smells like heaven. I only used my flat iron on a medium heat and went to work.



Finally after an hour and 15 minutes, I was done. I could not have been happier with my results. My hair was straight and shiny. Next up was checking my length. My hair has grown so much since last year. I did not realize how much until today. I'm almost at BSL (bra strap length) and that makes me happy. I have never been big on hair length. I prefer width because big hair is dope and I love it. I couldn't stop running my fingers through my head. Of course, I had to throw on my new favorite gold double braided headband and a little makeup and take pictures. I'm overly excited about my hair journey and my hair growth. I doubt that I'll flat iron my hair again this year but it was good to see my progress. Yay for happy, healthy long natural hair. 



No comments:

Post a Comment