Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Get Into It: Eyebrow Kits


In my world, eyebrows are very important. I love mine. Getting my eyebrows threaded make me feel like a new woman. I remember the first time I got them arched as a teen. I felt like it made my face brighter. Since then, I have had my brows tweezed, waxed and now threaded. I prefer threading. I have the best brow lady in my city. I like the clean look of threading. I also love that getting my eyebrows threaded lasts longer than waxing. I can go almost at least 6-8 weeks in between appointments. Recently, I have discovered brow kits. These kits include wax (either colored or clear), powder and a brush. Some come with tweezers as well. I have tried two to very different results.



The first brow kit I tried was the e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit in medium. It retails for $3 which is super affordable. I purchased it from Target. The packaging is gorgeous, sleek and black. I love that the kit has a mirror for on the go brow upkeep. This kit includes wax, powder and a two sided brush. I loved that the wax was brown because so are my natural brows. I am not that fond of the powder though. It made my brows look great and very natural. I loved the ease of the brush. In the end, I wasn't overly impressed with the results. So, I went in search of another brow kit. 


This led me to the NYC Browser Brush On Brow Kit in Brunette. It retails for $3.99 at Target. It contains brow grooming wax,brow powder, brush and a tiny pair of tweezers for grooming. Those tweezers are a win for me. The packaging isn't as great as compared to the e.l.f. kit. There is no cute and useful mirror. But, that is the only thing that is lacking. I love the color of the wax and the powder. The powder makes my brows look much more natural. The brush is functional and practical.Everything about this kit is a win. I loved it so much that I have gone through two of these and I still have the e.l.f. one. It is my new favorite makeup product. I use it daily. I may not do a full face of makeup daily but I will always make sure my brows are on point. My daily eye makeup includes: brow powder, eye liner, eye shadow and mascara. For that reason, I would recommend the NYC brow kit. It's affordable, readily and widely available. Great product at a great price. Get into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment