Thursday, March 29, 2012

Condoms in a Marriage??


I was reading a discussion on Facebook where a rather odd question was posed. Condoms while married: Yay or Nay? I say it's odd because why would I want my husband to use a condom? We're married in this scenario, right? If you've spent you're sexual life being safe and protected, one of the rewards of marriage is not having to do that. I didn't plan on using condoms AFTER marriage. It's just not an option or even a thought.

The second part of the discussion was about making a unilateral decision about NOT having kids. I know that having children isn't for everyone. And, if someone has decided that they fall into this category, then I applaud them. But, to be married and make that final decision without any discussion with your mate is beyond selfish and just wrong. I know I wouldn't marry a man who didn't want kids because I do. I couldn't sacrifice that for any one. It's what I want. I also wouldn't be with someone that I have to force into anything. The decision to have children is serious and life changing. It's not a fly by night decision.

I found the question ridiculous on many levels. As well as the reasoning behind it. I just couldn't believe it when I read it. Condoms in a marriage are no bueno for me. When it comes to birth control once I'm married, I will pop a pill. I will take responsibility for that. I think that would be the easiest, most efficient thing. The discussion about children would happen way before marriage became a topic. I guess I'm just wired differently. Things work out another way in my head. This discussion was very odd to me as well as other folks. They seemed to are with me. What say you? Yay or nay to condoms in a marriage. Let's dish people!

No comments:

Post a Comment