Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dream House



In the last year, I've started to seriously think about what I want my first home to look like. I know that there are some specific things that I want. I'm big on bathrooms, especially tubs, and closets. I want enough room for my future family to grow. I want a home. You know something that looks nice and feels warm and welcoming. I want a space that looks lived in. I would hate to live is a place that is like a museum. I absolutely love the open floor plan. I want my home to have a good flow to it.




Most importantly, I need the master suite to be a place of peace, our solitude. I want it to be open and airy. I already know there will be one red accent wall with a black and white art piece. Black and white bedding with red accent pillows. This is the way I see the bedroom in my mind. Since I am a sucker for a clawfoot tub, this is a must. As is a big shower with a bench. I also believe that a private toilet is a necessity. Since I'm such a shoewhore, a closet big enough to house them is a deal breaker.



The kitchen is the heart of every home. Especially now with the open floor plans that connect the kitchen and family room. I like to cook. And I would love to cook in a fabulous kitchen. Stainless steel appliances just make everything look sleek. I need an island. Like seriously need. That is a must on my list as well. I haven't actively started to search for a home. But I have a general idea of what I want and don't want. I will be surprised to see how my expectations and my reality line up. Either or, I cannot wait to find or build my dream home.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I JUST did this with a bunch of friends at work! I asked them to write down what their dream homes would look like (just to make the day go a little faster) and it was so much fun! I love how yours came out! That kitchen is the absolute business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BB! I do like that kitchen as well.

    ReplyDelete