Wednesday, March 28, 2012

So Difficult

I am a talker. I love words and conversations. But sometimes it's hard to find the words and formulate the sentences. It's not because I don't know what I want to say or ask. It has more to do with the fact that I know that once it's said it can't be unsaid. Once I speak, I give power to my words. It's taken me a long time to truly grasp that concept. I'm more careful with my words.

I've also learned that the "Hardest thing to say is usually worth saying." (via @KarenCivil) It's very true. We've all had those difficult conversations filled with questions who's answers could crush us. When your heart's involved, the words carry much weight. I am also a worrywart. I think and rethink about what I want to say and how I want to say it before I ever do. It's just very important to me.

I also believe that all these difficult conversations can lead to better, more fulfilled lives. People have to get through them to get through life. It's never easy during the process. But the end result is always worth it. Because, at least, now you know. Now, you can decide what comes next. For some that means to stay and fight. For others, it means to cut your loses and run. Either way, a decision can be made. Difficult situations are a part of life. How you respond to them determines who you are. For that reason alone, I take them on. I need to grow. This is the only way, by going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment