Thursday, March 08, 2012

Stop Kony


Joseph Kony is a monster. Plain and simple. This man is basically responsible for the genocide in Uganda. Any man who would kidnap kids to turn them into killers is a sick piece of work. The group Invisible Children has done something amazing. In 3 days, they have made Kony infamous. I am grateful for their video because I had never heard of this horrible human being. I first saw the #Kony2012 video link on my Twitter timeline. I quickly favorited the tweet to watch at a later date. I was intrigued but not really motivated to watch it. A day later, I noticed that everyone was talking about this video. I started watching it but got distracted.



There is some controversy surrounding the Invisible Children organization when it comes to their finances. I've read a few articles about that. I was apprehensive before really watching it because of this. I actually had to watch it twice, the second time without all of my preconceived notions. The second time was a charm. I simply got the true issue of this video. Kony is despicable. He deserves all the shine that this video will give him. He deserves to be arrested, prosecuted, and throw in the roughest prison. He abducted kids and made them kill, sometimes their own parents. How does one come up with that level of psychoticness? I cannot even fathom that. He turns kids into an army (LRA). That makes me beyond sad. This video makes me beyond sad. What is wrong with people?

The Invisible Children have a great plan in place. They want everyone to know who Joseph Kony is and what he has done. This video is just the beginning. Their website has so much information about this cause. So please watch the above video, go to the website, sign the pledge, and get involved. We all need to make sure Kony is brought to justice. He deserves no less than what he has done to those kids. Stop Kony 2012! We can all do something to help. Repost the video. Tell your neighbors, coworkers, and family members. Justice is needed asap. 2012 is the year for Kony to be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment