Monday, June 06, 2011

Ms. Insomniac


I cannot count the number of nights that I have laid awake in bed. Tossing and turning, staring at the ceiling or out the window with sleep no where in sight. Sleep was alluding me once again. Sleep is not my friend. I've had really bad sleeping habits since college. Staying up way too late is normal for me. I can lay in bed for hours and not fall asleep. Sometimes I actually fall asleep at a decent hour only to wake up hourly. I don't really know what the problem could be. Getting a full 8 hours of sleep is a luxury I'm just not afforded. It's become a part of my life these days.

Insomnia is no joke. Not being able to sleep sucks. It's not a good time for me. I am great at functioning on a few hours of sleep now. I'm accustomed to it. This has been going on for almost 15 years now. I do know that it isn't healthy for me. Sleep is a very important factor in life. I don't want to get used to taking a sleeping aid. I'm afraid of developing an addiction. I try to only get in bed when it time to me to go to sleep. I was told to drink some chamomile team before bed as well. I'm open to any and all holistic remedies for sleeplessness. I'm also taking into consideration other aspects of my life that can be affecting my sleeping pattern.

My mind is always so busy at night. It takes me so long to settle down. I'm sure this is why sleep alludes me. I'm sure now that I'm paying more attention to the problem that a solution will be forthcoming. I know sleeping a full 8 hours is possible and obtainable for me. I'm confident that I will get one. I need to sleep more. It will make me a more productive human being. How are you guys sleeping? Any problems? Better yet, send me solutions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment