Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Friends

So, I finally had a chance to catch up with one of my best friends. We'll call her Roomie. She and I have been friends for about 11 years. We have been there for each other for everything. My conversation with her got me to thinking about real friendships. Friendships can change and grow in many different ways. If you're lucky, you will be blessed with a few. I love the fact that I don't have to speak to them everyday but nothing changes. Conversations flow just as easily as if we spoke everyday. That is a beautiful gift to share with someone. I cherish it.

My friends are amazingly hilarious. They make me laugh, cry, keep me sane and encourage me at every turn. They are the people who know me the best. They've seen me at my lowest and they never turned away. We've been through it all with each other. I love that my friends never judge me. They give me reality and truth no matter what. How many people do you know that will do that? My friendships span 31 years with them. How blessed am I to have them? Sometimes we can get so caught up in our own personal lives that we forget to nurture these friendships. I am guilty of this. There are a few friends that will always check me quickly on this though (Hi Ty and Mike lol). I'm getting better at it.

My friendships are important to me. These wonderful people are my family by choice. That is a great thing. Life is short so why not surround yourself with awesome people? I pray that I'm as good a friend to them as they have been to me. I may not call all the time, but they know I'm good for a text or ten!! I dedicate this blog to Ty, Reese, Chuck, Mike, Niaga, and Shan. I'm so lucky that you guys love me for me. An that you all walked into my life by accident but decided to stay on purpose. I love you. I'm always here for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment