Sunday, June 12, 2011

Spoiled Little La Girl

I admit it. I am spoiled. But I'm not a brat though. I blame my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles for this. I am the first grandchild on my Mom's side. I was spoiled from birth. I basically got away with murder. They let me have my way far too often. They indulged my wants, needs, and desires as a kid. Being spoiled is just a part of my charm. I am who I am because of it.

As an adult, I can honestly say I'm still spoiled. I spoil myself now. I'm not waiting on any one to give me anything. I want what I want when I want it. I know that I'm the person who has to make moves so that can happen. I like to indulge in a few things. I'm never cheap with myself. I love me. And I know that I'm the only person responsible for me. So I take care of me. Being spoiled as a child has influenced me in my adult life. I've been accused of being spoiled on more than one occasion. I like to get my way. I see nothing wrong with that at all. Especially if I'm not waiting around for someone to do it for me.

I was only spoiled to a certain extent. There was never an indulging in things that were deemed overboard. My parents set the foundation for the way I deserved and should be treated. They gave me high standards to live up to and expect from others. I will never be ashamed of that. So yes, I am spoiled. But I am definitely not a brat. How about you? Could spoiling a child ruin the adult they become? How much is too much? I need to know. Let's discuss it all below.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you've been spoiled since we met. But so have I. It's not a defining character trait though. There's much more to you than that, Ken.

    ReplyDelete