Monday, June 13, 2011

Creature of Habit

This will be a short and sweet blog. I am having a random thought and wanted to share. We are all creatures of habit. It doesn't take a long time to develop a routine. I like what I know. The unknown can be a scary thought. I have the same morning and nightly habits and routines. Some times we need to shake up our routines to feel alive. Other times, our routines are shaken up for us. Either way, humans adapt and change. It's who we are.

My nightly routine was shaken up tonight. I was completely unprepared for it. I don't think I realized how dependent on this nightly routine until it was taken away. It also just plays into my being spoiled as well. So as I lay here, I can't help but wonder about my routine. I should be asleep but it's not going to happen any time soon. Until then, I'll write about it.

Habits can be good or bad. I'm sure I have more good habits than bad. Change can be exciting and frightening at the same time. I'm not opposed to change. I welcome it, when I am in charge of it. As a creature of habit, unforeseen changes are hard to accept at first. What are some of your habits or routines?

No comments:

Post a Comment