Friday, April 01, 2011

Don't Be A Fool All Your Life



Today is April 1st. The day when the entire world has the free range to pull pranks. Or to act as fool. I'm sure you can tell that I'm not a fan of April Fool's Day. I'm not big on the whole pranking thing.

Facebook and Twitter were all abuzz with the most predictable pranks. I'm engaged, I'm married, I'm moving, I'm expecting/I had a baby. I don't know why adults think these pranks are funny. Clearly they aren't in my world. I love to laugh and will always enjoy a good joke. But, I think if one is over the age of 21, the April Fool's jokes are way lame. I just don't get the big hoopla around this date concerning adults. We are too old to this. April Fool's Day is a young man's sport. It is time to leave it to the young ones.



The only thing I associate with today's date is my youngest sister. It's her birthday today. She's 15 and I cannot believe that. My love for her overshadowed my disdain and annoyance with the actual holiday. So, please don't be a fool and fall into this trap of holiday. I celebrate my sister on this day. There are no jokes are pranks from me. I cannot get with it anymore. Happy Birthday, Tika!

No comments:

Post a Comment