Saturday, April 09, 2011

Are We Willing To Change?

Why is it so easy to fall into a same routine? Humans are creatures of habit. We tend to stick to what we know. Change is scary. And who likes the unknown? I definitely do not. I fight it, resist it and finally I give in. It's never an easy adjustment for me.

I repeatedly follow the same routine. Because it's familiar to me. It's what works for me. Changing my routine will take huge effort on my part. I feel like I need to shake things up. My routine has become mundane. I'm too young to be stuck in a rut. But I feel like I am though.

I need to change. It's just that simple. A major change to my life is long overdue. I've outgrown my comfort zone. I've stayed too long in this one spot. Something has to shake. I'm bored with my mundane routine. I'm so bored I could cry. I am craving the newness. I need it, want it, have to have it. I am searching for my starting point for my change. I'm no longer that girl. It's time to become this woman. She's been waiting in the wings long enough.

Change is inevitable. It is expected and needed. I'm grabbing hold to mine and riding it for all it's worth. Routines are easy whole change is hard. Hard can be extremely more gratifying. Hard work pays off in the end. Are you ready to shake up your routine? What kind of change are you anticipating?

3 comments:

  1. I love this and so relate! It's funny because I've been thinking a lot lately about how when things began to get too easy, I like to make them hard. How I always in the end go away from what works and gravitate to the challenge.// We humans ARE interesting. Our hearts always long for more... :) Best of luck in your "more" Ms. K. I look forward to watching from the sideline (reading your posts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is scary and hard. I'm working on it though. *fingers crossed* And I will document it here. Thanks for the pic compliment. It's a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete