Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fifty Questions That Will Free Your Mind

I think everybody should do this. It will make you think.

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

Still would be 31. I'm good right here.

Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Never trying. I can recover from a fail. But, never knowing what I could've done or accomplished is too heavy of a burden for me to carry for the rest of my life.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

If I had my way? No. I would want my words to match up to my actions.

What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

Racism really infuriates me. I would love to bring my future children into a colorless worls.

If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

Writer.

Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

Very much settling unfortunately. This is a temporary situation though.

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

I would take more chances and risks than I do now. I’ve been very cautious with my choices. Throwing caution to the wind.

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

More often than not, I've been the only one controlling my life.

Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

My answer is complex like myself. I'm more concerned with doing the right things right.

You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?

My only response would be to defend her. I wouldn't let someone talk about my friend in my presence. I would also let them know that they should have this conversation with her.

If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

Love your individuality. If you do that fiercely, you will never lose your way.

Would you break the law to save a loved one?

Immediate family? Sure.

Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?

Yes. I think the most tortured souls who are artists create the most beautiful work.

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

Mentally exploring all the possibilities of every situation. From the mundane to the clearly ridiculous, I play them all out in my mind. I also hear music differently than almost everyone I know.

How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?

Because I'm me lol. I call myself weird. I'm ok with that.

What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?

Continent-hopping. Money, work and life are my roadblocks.

Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

Yes unfortunately.

If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?

-Dallas, TX - Because that's where my love lives.
-Mykonos Island, Greece - I've been infatuated with this country since I was 13. I would live here with my love & our future 6 kids.

Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?

Yes, I do. I know it doesn't.

Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

A worried genius. I crave knowledge. I can handle the worry, been doing that for 31 years.

Why are you, you?

I am me because of everything I've been through, the things I've excelled at, and failed at. My voice is unique. I use my talents. I think before I speak. In the words of Anaïs Nin, I write emotional algebra. There will never be anyone else like me. I'm an individual, a leader, a loving spirit and soul who's often misunderstood. I'm Kenda, nice to meet you.

Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?

Yes. I am a great friend. Ask about me.

Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

Losing touch with a good friend who lives near me is the worse. Only because it means the two of us have allowed life to get in the way of keeping the lines of communication open. That would make me sad.

What are you most grateful for?

Life in itself. I'm just blessed to still be here.

Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

This is a tough one. My last memories are dear to me. But not being able to create new ones would suck tremendously.

Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?

No that's not possible. You have to investigate everything for yourself.

Has your greatest fear ever come true?

No and I pray that it never does.

Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?

I clearly don't remember. And, that means it doesn't matter anymore.

What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?

I have a lot of those. They always involved my family being together. Nothing made me happier as a kid.

At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?

The day I realized I had fallen in love. I wasn't expecting it. I wasn't looking for it. The relationship I'm in just led me to love. That epiphany brighten not just my day but my life. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a woman in love.

If not now, then when?

It needs to be now.

If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?

N/A

Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?

Yes.

Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?

I think people believe their religion and their God is ultimately superior to everyone else's. I don't get that.

Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?

No. I think good and evil is subjective. A person can possess both attributes.

If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?

No. A million dollars doesn't go far in 2011. I mean, after taxes, purchasing a house, paying off Sallie Mae, and putting some money in the bank, I'm back where I started. I'm gonna be back at my job the next day.

Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?

More of the work I actually enjoy doing because then I wouldn't be working at all.

Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?

Oh no, not at all. That would kinda suck though.

When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?

It's been a long time. I need to do it again.

If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?

Kristopher.

Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?

Nope.

What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

Being alive is just existing. Truly living is taking charge of your life.

When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?

Sometimes you have to stop calculating and start doing. The time for action is now.

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?

Because mistakes hurt and who willingly wants to be hurt?

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

I’d tell certain people exactly how I feel about them without my politically correct filter.

When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?

I'm always aware of it.

What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?

I love many things. I love music. I love poetry. I love tulips. I express it all the time openly.

In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?

I seriously doubt that on 5th years that I will specifically remember yesterday or the day before that or the day before that. I'll be to busy enjoying my present.

Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?

I make my decisions. I know what's ultimately best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment