Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding


I am a very girly girl. I happen to love weddings and dresses and the whole nine. I did not however have any intention on watching the early morning nuptials of Prince William and Kate. But, alas, I was up and found myself watching. I could not stop watching it. For the last two weeks, I have been well over the media hoopla surrounding this couple. I decided that I was not interested. But, as soon as I turned the tv on, I could not stop watching it. It was indeed a modern day fairytale. Everybody loves a little magic and mystery in their world. That is what William and Kate represented to me this morning.



The only thing I was mildly interested in was the dress. Kate's dress did not disappoint at all. It was exquisite and pretty. It was simple and elegant and gorgeous. I am not a fan of lace or sleeves on wedding dresses. But, all of these facts worked in her favor. She later changed into another stunning dress for the reception. I loved it as well. The actual wedding was a lot of traditional rituals and ran too long for my taste. I was intrigued by the fact that the couple does not kiss during the actual ceremony. The plethora of hats worn by the women in attendance had my complete attention. It was clear to me that this was a wedding between two people very much in love. That made me smile. I am glad that I was awaken to watch the wedding. It was so great to watch it.


No comments:

Post a Comment