Thursday, April 28, 2011

Show Me Your Papers...What???


There is no other way to say this. We are not in a post-racial America because our President is Barack Obama. The Tea Party, Donald Trump, Republicans calling for our elected President's long form birth certificate is every bit as racial. Never in our history, has a President been asked such absurd things. Now, folks are calling for his college transcripts. Really America?? No one questioned the intelligence of George W. Bush or Sarah Palin. Both of them were questionable students with lackluster grades. But a Harvard Law grad gets a second look? What type of foolishness is this?

I came across a great article via Facebook. It was posted on the site The Grio by a Goldie Taylor. It sums up everything I think about this whole situation. It is impossible for anyone to ascend to the office of President of this United States without being properly looked into. All paperwork, credentials, and the like are investigated. Even furthermore, the thought that Mr. Obama's mother and grandparents knew that the little boy born on August 4, 1961 would grow up to attend Columbia, graduate magna cum laude from Harvard Law, become a senator in Chicago and eventually become President. I'm sorry but that conspiracy theory in comical and implausible. And, I serious wonder about the mental capacity of anyone who wholeheartedly believes any of this.

I could actually respect these birthers more if they just say what it is that they are really mad about. Just say that you are angry about the fact that a Black man is running a country that was essentially built on the backs of many Blacks. I have no love for racist people. As a Black woman in America, my plight has been hard enough. I am angry that our President is having to produce papers that will not appease his detractors. Nothing he does will ever be good enough for them. Because the one thing he cannot change or fix is the fact that he is a proud Black man. And, one thing they cannot change or erase is the fact that he is our President. Elected by the people, for the people. That is the truth. It is what it is.

"The office of Presidency isn't being attacked. Black brilliance is. Black "citizenship" is." - dream hampton, writer

I shake my head at the ridiculousness of Donald Trump and that dead rug on his head. He is the new Sarah Palin. A lot of talk and fluff with no substance or intelligence underneath it. I have no respect for that. I'm sorry but if Trump can walk around with that ferret on his head and thinks it looks good, I cannot trust him to run my country. And, he's also filed for bankruptcy 6 times. He has a habit of not finishing what he's started. Sorry, but I will be Baracking my vote again in 2012 for my President. I believe that he was born here. I believe that he is doing a great job with what was left at his doorsteps. He still is the best person for the job. I did not need to see his birth certificate to know that he is a American citizen. In the words of President Barack Obama, "we do not have time for silliness."

"We're not going to solve our problems if we get distracted by sideshows and carnival barkers," said President Barack Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment