Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Adventures In Cooking: What Ya Cooking??


How good of a cook are you? Is cooking a source of pleasure for you? I cannot honestly say that cooking gives me that pleasure. Cooking is an area in my life that I want to improve. I can cook. Let's be clear about that. I am a good cook. But, I am smart enough to know that I can always improve my skills. I need to work on this aspect in my life. I feel like something is missing in my kitchen skills. I do not like admitting that. But, I am focused on fixing this and soon. Cooking is an area that I know I can improve on.



I haven't experimented a whole lot when it comes to cooking. I think that has to do with the fact that I'm usually only cooking for one. I am happier when I am cooking for a group. The kitchen is the heart of any and every home. It's where we hang out while food is being prepared, talk while snacking, and laughter often fills this place. The kitchen and cooking always reminds me of my childhood. There are certain food smells that I will always associate with my Mom and Grandmother. I want to be skilled enough to cook something different whenever I feel like it. I don't want to feed my family the same ol' same everyday. I am not a big fan of leftovers for the most part. This definitely stems from me being very picky and sort of spoiled. My Mother always says that my "children" will be as picky as I was so that I can see what it feels like. I'm sure that this will be the case.



I would love to put forth more effort in the kitchen. I think I will purchase a few cookbooks and just dive in. I also want to get more into baking from scratch. Cooking for those you love is an expression of love to me. I want to cook healthy and tasty meals for my family. I want to be able to give that to them. I know that to be a greater cook, I need to practice more. It's so easy for me to not cook or eat something simple. I will be pushing myself to cook more and experiment more in the kitchen. I have been researching recipes online and there are a few that I must try my hand at. I have no doubt that I can concur my kitchen cooking woes. I will be a better cook in no time. I know it in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment