Monday, April 04, 2011

Going With My Gut



When something is really good or right, I feel it. When something is wrong or bad, I feel it. We all have those feelings in the pit of our stomach. Some of us ignore them. I've never been able to do that. I listen to my instincts. I love that gut feeling when something or someone is good. It kinda like feeling the sunshine on my face. When I first met a person or enter into a situation and everything just feels good and right, I just know it. There is no denying it. I especially love when I'm the only person who can foresee the goodness and righteousness of a situation. That truly makes me smile.

I hate that feeling when it's associated with something bad. It's a dreadful feeling. It's like I'm waiting on the other shoe to drop. Do you know how crazy that could drive someone? I am a control freak. I do not like the unknown. I am very selective of the people I let in my life. I am huge on first impressions. If I get a bad first impression, it takes a whole lot for me to change my mind on a person. That bad gut feeling sucks.

Gut feelings are, in my opinion, internal detectors. It's that nagging feeling you cannot shake. One can try but it never goes away. And, truthfully, why would one want to get rid of such a good trait? We all need this to exist. We need it to self protect also. I always go with my gut. My instincts have not led me astray in 31 years. I'm gonna continue to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment