Saturday, April 02, 2011

Sweet Dreams or Beautiful Nightmare?


Nightmares: Are they real or figments of our imaginations? I love my dreams. They are the most interesting play by plays ever. But, nightmares disturb me. I don't like to be scared, especially not in my sleep. It's not a great feeling. I toss and turn all night. I also wake up a lot when I'm having a nightmare. It's just a very weird, thankfully seldom, occurrence. Nightmares are just not a fun time for me. It makes me very conscious of my surroundings and people. I do not like that feeling at all.

I hate the "someone is after me/chasing me/trying to kill me" nightmares. They are the worst. I always feel like the white girls in every horror movie. I can never run faster enough or out maneuver my usually unknown assailant. And, my nightmares always seem to be never ending. I don't ever die. But a killer is always in pursuit of me until I wake up. Once I'm awoke, I feel exhausted. It's as if the nightmare was real. Sometimes a tad bit too real for me. I've awakened with words muscles and unexplainable bruises. That makes it a little too real for me. The crazy things is its never Freddy Kruger or Michael Myers or Jason after me. I always feel that it's someone I know.

My nightmares tend to stay with me for some time. I can't shake them off. It's a habit I wish I knew how to break. I know one must take the good with the bad. But I really believe that I can do with out nightmares to the rest of my life. Life can be hard enough. I don't want to have to fight the world during the day AND as I sleep. Even Superwoman needs a break, right? Do your nightmares bother or scare you? What are your nightmares about? Share with me.

Beyonce featuring Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne "Sweet Dreams remix"


No comments:

Post a Comment