Thursday, February 13, 2014

This Reader's Review: Part XXI: "Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns"


"The Devil Wears Prada" is one of my favorite books and movies. Miranda Priestley is a horrible character that I could not hate. I loved her. The book was a favorite that I reread constantly. When the movie came out, I couldn't get to a theater quick enough. Ms. Meryl Streep embodied Miranda Priestley. I was always a fan of hers but this role made me a stan. Streep was e-very-thing in this film. I loved Andy and Emily was well. The book and movie are all time favorites in my world. I own both. I also will watch the movie every single time I catch it on tv. It's that good to me. So, hen I heard that there would be a sequel, I was ecstatic. "Return Wears Prada: The Devil Returns" was the titled and I couldn't wait to get into it. 


"Revenge Wears Prada" picks up a decade after "The Devil Wears Prada" ends. Andy and Emily are shockingly best friends and business partners. Their unlikely friendship is the basis of this book. They are the owners of a posh wedding magazine that is in the vein of "Runway." It's the magazine that is run by Miranda Priestley in TDWP" that Andy and Emily first met. Their lives are totally different now. There are husbands and babies and lives totally devoid of the horror that was Miranda. Things are going great until Miranda slyly walks back into their lives. Andy is adamantly against her while Emily is all for letting her back in. The journey that takes place is wild. The book is a great read. I love catching up with old characters that I love.  I loved it. I do think it would make an awesome movie. If you were a fan of the first book, then this is a book you need to read. "Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns" was amazing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment