Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Celebrating Whitney




Two years ago, Whitney Houston's death shocked the world. I distinctly remember being a little girl singing into my hair brush to Whitney Houston songs. I loved her music and her dresses and the fact that she was a brown girl like me. Even as a kid, I knew how special Whitney was. I grew up to her music. I used to live for her videos as well. Whitney was ours. There was something so classy about her to me. It is hard to believe that she is gone, that it has been two years since her shocking death. I wrote this two years ago about her funeral. I remember watching it and still being in disbelief. 




I am so saddened by her passing still. Listening to her music today has been melancholy. Whitney will always represent my carefree childhood. There isn't a song from her first few albums that I do not know. She was always played in my house. My cousins and I were always singing her songs. So, on the day that she passed two years ago, I decided to celebrate her life through her music. There will never be another Whitney. There couldn't be. She was one of a kind. Still love her voice. Rest easy, Ms. Houston.  





No comments:

Post a Comment