Friday, February 21, 2014

Around These E-Streets (XI)


  • "Black Girls Are Magic" is a saying that is so true. Because we are. When I saw this shirt, I had to have it. Also, had to pass the link on to other fab Black girls. Get into it!!
  • Ebony Magazine Senior Editor Jamilah Lemieux writes on her Tumblr my exact feelings about the trial of Jordan Davis' killer. She nails it. Read it here
  • I am loving everything about Hollywood's latest "It" girl: Lupita Nyong'o. She is gorgeous and a great actress. She is also a red carpet killer. She hasn't had one misstep this awards season. Also, this article made me smile for so many reasons.  
  • Certain Black men let their pettiness show this past weekend. A "Sorry I'm Not Idris Elba" poem surfaced and it was dripping with hate. It was just awful. Idris responded via Twitter with slight and subtle shade that made me like him more. 
  • Jada Pinkett-Smith is coming back to tv in a huge way. She has just signed on to play a villian, Fish Mooney, in the Fox Batman drama "Gotham." That makes it must see tv for me. I love her. Have ever since she was Lena James on "A Different World."
  • The Tyler Perry machine is at it again. This time, Nia Long tackles the lead role in his upcoming movie, "The Single Moms Club." It premieres March 14th. Perry is also working on a talk show for the OWN Network, which would be interesting. It premieres next Tuesday after his highly successful show "The Have and HaveNots."
  • Do you want to test your IQ? You can do so here. I am not sure how accurate it is but I was very pleased with my results :-)
  • One of my favorite (ex) Saints players, #42 Darren Sharper, is being accused of drugging and raping multiple women. I truly don't put anything past anyone. But, I was shocked by these allegations. There are 8 different cases being pursued in 5 different states. It makes me sick to my stomach. The only thing lower than a rapist is a child molester in my eyes. 
  • My heart goes out to Jordan Davis' parents. They were robbed twice. Once when their son was killed and again when the jury failed to convict his killer. This interview made me cry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment