Tuesday, October 01, 2013

I'm Back!!!

Guess who's back?? It's me :-) In the words of Varnell Hill, "DID YOU MISS ME??" I've missed you guys. I've missed this space. I would just chcek my blog all the time. I didn't think I would miss it so much. It is a prt of me. This break was truly needed. I could not be more prouder of the work I've done here. 


I've missed blogging. I needed the time off in September. But, I am ready to get right back into it. I won't promise to post everyday but a few times a week will definetly happen. My mind is very clear about some things, not so much about others. But, I am ready to get back to work. So, hope you guys will be back to read my words  soon. 



Also, it's October and it is Breast Cancer Awareness month. It is a cause that has always been dear to me. My family has been affected by it. So, I always like to bring awareness to the cause. I will wear pink unitl there is a cure. Donate to a BCA fund, participate in a BCA walk, just do something. We need a cure. 




On a much sadder note, there has been another case of being murdered for simply being Black. Jonathan Ferrell was a former FAMU football player. He was in a horrific car accident that he survived. He knocked on doors to get help. One woman thought he was trying to break into her house so she called the cops. The cop who showed up fired 12 shots at Ferrell. Ten of those shots hit Ferrell. Jonathan Ferrell died on September 16th at the age of 24. Why? Why is this young man dead? No one can explain it to me. No one can make me believe that the cop was anything other than overzealous, trigger happy and a racist. He saw a Black man and unloaded his clip. Jonathan Ferrell deserves justice. What he deserves even more is to have the cops protect and serve everyone and not just white people and he deserves to still be alive. God help us all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment