Sunday, October 20, 2013

This Reader's Review: Part XVII: Terrence Jenkins' "The Wealth of My Mother's Wisdom"


Terrence Jenkins is a name you may not know. But, he has a face and voice that you've known for years. He started his career as one of the hosts of BET's "106 & Park." He was a VJ for 7 years before moving on to anchoring E! News. He is also an actor. I loved him in "Think Like A Man" and can't wait to see him in more movies. I like Terrence. He is funny and charismatic as a tv host and actor. There is so much more to the man than what we see on tv. He is adding another title to his name, author. His first book "The Wealth of My Mother's Wisdom" was just recently released. I was interested in seeing what it was about. It blew me away to be honest. It was a great read. I found it on Amazon for my Kindle for only $2.99. I finished it in a day and a half. 


Terrence and his mom Lisa have a really unique relationship. It reminds me a lot of my relationship with my Mom. Lisa was an amazing role model for Terrence. She made him the most important person in her life.  She sacrificed everything for him. I loved reading about their life and journey. The book just flowed so well. It was an interesting look into who Terrence the man is and how his mother (and later stepfather) shaped his entire world. He never gave up pursuing his dreams even when it looked grim. He is an amazing man. I am so impressed with him and his story. I have and will continue to recommend this book to any and everyone. Terrence's "The Wealth of My Mother's Wisdom" is a must read. Go ahead and get into it. You will not be disappointed. Let's read folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment