Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I Feel Like Drowning


Ever have a dream that you're drowning? I had one a couple of nights ago. Well, I've actually been having this particular dream for weeks. One important part was only revealed to me a couple of nights ago. I was in the middle of a body of water drowning. I could actually feel myself flailing around and hear myself screaming for help. There was a person on a boat not to far from me. This person could clearly see & hear me. But, made no effort to come towards me. I was taking in water. I kept slipping under the surface. I was frightened. I just knew I was going to drown, which is a huge fear of mine. The person on the boat is someone I love. But, the person on the boat would not save me.
Drowning (via Dreammoods):To dream that you are drowning indicates that you are feeling overwhelmed by emotions. Repressed issues may be coming back to haunt you. You may be proceeding too quickly in trying to discover your subconscious thoughts. You should proceed more cautiously and slowly. If you drown to death, then is refers to an emotional rebirth. If your survive the drowning, then it means that a waking relationship or situation will ultimately survive the turmoil.
And, in my dream, I heard a voice say "Stand up, child." It calmed me down. I found my footing and stood up. I realized that the water isn't that deep. I was doing it to myself. The person in the boat kept calling my name & beckoning me towards the boat. I turned around & walked in the other direction. Then, I woke up. I got it. I feel like God has been trying to tell me something all along. I finally got the message. I was drowning & waiting on the person I love to save me. That wasn't a part of the plan. I had to do it myself. No man/woman could ever be my savior. Message received.

No comments:

Post a Comment