Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm Not Her Anymore





This quote couldn't be any truer. I'm certainly no longer the innocent, naive girl next door type. I used to be her. I loved her. She wasn't built for this insane world. I've seen too much, lived too much to be her. Innocence was lost long ago. Naivety got knocked down as well. I couldn't live life like that anymore. I wanted to experience things. And, I did. Some good, real good. Some down right terrible. But, I did it & I survived it. It's been said that "writers become better once they've been hurt." The older I get, the more I realize how true it is. My best work comes from a place of pain. It's therapeutic. The girl next door doesn't exist in that world. It's because she isn't supposed to. I'm the woman who that girl grew to be. Happy or sad, I'm always me. And, I know that I'm enough. If anyone doesn't see or know that, it's their loss. A great one at that. This quote really stayed with me. Thought I'd pass this wisdom on.

No comments:

Post a Comment