Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's My Hair: Rant


Natural Hair Rant: DO NOT TOUCH MY HAIR. DO NOT ASK TO TOUCH MY HAIR. NATURAL OR RELAXED, I REALLY DO NOT CARE. 
I do not care what any other woman does with her hair. Simply because it is NOT my hair. What I do what my hair only affects me. After over 20 years of having my hair relaxed, I decided to make a drastic change. I didn’t remember what my natural hair felt like, looked like. I thought about it a lot before doing it. I thought about my future a lot. I didn’t want to pass that legacy onto any future daughter I could possibly have. I wanted to get to know my hair intimatley. It’s also kinda funny but my three younger sisters are all natual as well. Of the 3, only one wears her hair curly/kinky/coily from time to time. The other two are prone to flatirons. There isn’t one way to be natural. It’s just a way of life for us. There are many natural hair women in my family. It’s been almost 2 years for me. This natural journey isn’t a fad for me. I LOVE my hair now more than ever. I live for a braid out or twist out. But, I have no issue with rocking a bun or a flatiron. It’s just hair. And, if I ever want to get another relaxer, I just may do so. It’s just hair. I do what I want with it. I don’t look down on relaxed hair women just like I don’t look up to natural hair women. That’s all. These are just my thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment