Sunday, April 07, 2013

What Would You Do?


Saturday morning I was doing what has become a routine: reading my magazines. I subscribe to far too many and usual let them pile up before I read them. The picture above comes from Oprah's O Magazine. The title alone caught my eye. "What Would You Do IF You Had No Fear" is an awesome question. What would I do? I have a list that would definitely take place. It is amazing to me how much fear rules our lives. The women who answered the magazine's question did not give outrageous answers. One woman said she would move to another country with her family and open up a cafe'. Another said she would write a children's book. None of these things are unobtainable. I think we get so caught up in the day to day that we forget to live our dreams. Fear does nothing but prohibit us from getting to our destiny.  I've written about fear before: here, here, and here. It is something I deal with on a daily. Finding a way to conquer my own fears is a journey in itself. 

If I had no fear, I would indulge in the following:

  • Drop everything and move to San Diego or Savannah. I've never been that fearless.
  • Travel to Santorini, Greece alone. It's a trip that I've been planning mentally for 2 decades. 
  • Spend the summer getting lost in the islands. No phone, no internet. Just a camera.
  • Go to my Dad's grave. 
  • Go back to school to get another degree.
Eliminating fear from my life is my new goal. I want to be fearless in all aspects of my life. I want to be able to do whatever my heart desire's without worrying. I want to be able to let go of my worrying and just exist. I want to walk confidently into my destiny with my head held high and my conscious clear. I will do this. I will become that truly fearless woman I envisioned in my mind. She is me and I am her. There is no other option. So what would you guys do if you had no fear? What is the dream that you haven't gone after because of fear? Let's discuss and then let's go get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment