Sunday, April 21, 2013

It's My Hair: I Won Curls Unleashed!



I have long said that the power of Twitter is an amazing thing. It can connect you to people you never would've known. It can introduce you to new products, websites, writers, artists and thoughts. I have found some amazing people/things because of it. I've purchased items from small businesses that I would not have found if not for Twitter. I've won a few contests because of it as well. That was the case a few weeks ago as well. On April 10th, I won the above Curls Unleashed products through a giveaway by Ebony magazine (@EBONYmag). The question was simple for a natural chick like me. I was the first person to tweet with the correct answer. I LOVE free things. And, free products for my natural hair journey makes it all even better. I couldn't wait to get the product and try them out.  

Curls Unleashed is a company that offers 7 products for natural hair. They are: Lavish in Lather Sulfate-Free Shampoo, No Restrictions Moisturizing Conditioner, No Boundaries Leave-In Conditioner, Let It Flow Shine & Define Mousse, Set It Off Curl Boosting Jelly, Second Chance Curl Refresher, and Take Command Curl Defining Creme. I won 6 of the 7 (plus a great cup). Also, I will be buying the leave in conditioner to try it out. Let's review them. 
  • Lavish in Lather Sulfate-free Shampoo - I haven't used shampoo in months. So, I was curious to try this. I love the way it smells and the feel of it. It has more than enough slip so I felt like all of my hair was covered. I did notice that my hair felt a little dry. My hair and scalp felt so clean afer I was done. 
  • No Restrictions Moisturizing Conditioner - This smells amazing. I kept it on under a plastic cap & the dryer for 25 minutes while I was on the phone. So, it was kind of a deep conditioner. It felt great after I washed it out. I felt like this product definetely moisturized my hair.
  • Let It Flow Shine & Define Mousse - This was one of my faves. I loved the way my hair felt after applying it. The look was great too. 
  • Set It Off Curl Boosting Jelly - The smell is not a great one. The product works though. I love the look it gave my hair. I didn't have to use a lot to achieve the look. I just am not a fan of the scent. 
  • Second Chance Curl Refresher - Very dope product. Used it on 3rd day braid out and it revived my curls. 
  • Take Command Curl Defining Creme - I do not like the smell of it. But, I loved the way it made my curls look. This was also a fave. I know I will be using this on a daily. 


All in all, I've had a great first experience with this line. My hair felt soft and  manageable for days after the inital use. I am proud to say that Curls Unleashed is a win for this naturalista. I love getting free things. This was right up my alley. I am really happy with the way this line worked with my hair. I will be blogging about it soon when I try a new hairstyle. Natural girls, if you haven't tried Curls Unleashed, please do. Get into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment