Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Want Versus Need

I consider myself to be a very independent woman. I was raised to do things for myself. I'm good at that. But, I also know that I can bend and let down my guard for the right person. I love to be wanted and needed. It makes me feel alive and vibrant. Why wouldn't I want to be wanted and needed? Love is a verb, an action word. It's more than a feeling. It just is. And to be wanted by someone who loves you is virtually unexplainable.

I've never said I didn't need a man. Who doesn't want to feel needed? That's a part of love being needed. I am mature enough to realize that women need men and vice versa. God created Eve from Adam. To me that implies that men and women are meant for each other. I'm very traditional when it comes to certain things. This whole "I'm too independent so I don't need a man" movement is dumb. I don't get it. I can't condone it or readily stand behind it. Once I realized that I wanted to get married and have kids, I knew I needed a man. I also knew I wanted a good man. I did not look for him. I know enough to know that God would not create my soulmate and not allow me to meet him. I had faith in my faith. Whatever that God has for me, is for me.

I don't need a man for financial reasons or to just share my bed. I need my man to love me, to share my life with, to complement me, to have my back and be my friend. I need that. I want that. I deserve that. And, I want my man to want me in the same ways. That is the lifelong partner that I desired. I've received that love. He is all of that to me and more. I hope he knows how much he is wanted as well as needed. I cherish this love because its precious and its all ours. It does not show a sign of weakness to admit that you want and need someone. It shows that you are alive and living. We all want and need others. It's just that simple to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment