Tuesday, March 08, 2011

This Reader's Review: Part II "Aspire" & "The Travelers Gift: Seven Decision that Determine Personal Success"



I am an avid reader. I absolutely love a good book. The world of literature has to be the best gift my Mother ever gave me. Through books, I was able to expand my mind and my world. I was able to submerge myself into various experiences that were way different than my real life. Reading a book has always been my favorite pastime. So I decided to share my love of literature with you. I still make time to read as much as possible.

One of the last books I just completed was "Aspire" by Kevin Hall. My baby recommended this book to me. We also read it together nightly. This is another reason why I enjoyed this book. This book spoke to my soul."Aspire" is a book about words. Or rather the origin of words and their power. As a poet and a writer, I loved the premise of this book. Kevin Hall is an exceptional writer. His ability to weave a story is impeccable. I had forgotten how different the etymology of word can be. Words change throughout time. Hall takes the reader on a intellectual journey about words through his words. This book has strengthen my respect for words. Especially the word passion. Hall dedicated a whole chapter to the word. Being passionate about something means a lot more to me now. Suffering for your passion is an incredible thing. This book inspired me on so many levels. After I finished it, I felt renewed in my love of words. I also passed this book along to my cousin who is now enjoying it as well. Reading is one of my favorite things to do. I love sharing my live of books with the people I love. I recommend this book to everyone. It's a great, insightful read.



The second book I've recently finished is "The Travelers Gift: Seven Decision that Determine Personal Success" by Andy Andrews. This book literally blew my mind. It's essentially the story of a man who was at his wits end. He had lost all hope, faith, and focus. He had basically given up when an accident changeable the course of his life. He goes on a journey where he discovers the seven decisions that will determine his success. The people he encounters on this journey are surprising and enlightening. The main character is a guy named David. The story of David's journey was completely amazing to me. I was enthralled from the first page with this book. The seven decisions that David discovers throughout this book are essential to every day life. They are mantra that I intend to work into my life. There are mini stories within this story. It's just amazing how simple the decisions are in this book. I'm sure that people overlook them for that reason. I would definitely recommend this book as well.

As you can see, I'm getting into the motivational/life coach books. It's part of my new years resolution. I am making a conscious effort to only take in positive things into my life. These books are helping me achieve my goal. I am going to start reading "The Choice" by OG Mandino. It looks like it will be just as great of a read as the previous two. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it was. Reading is my thing. I absolutely love it. It also feeds my intense need for knowledge. I'm sure that need won't ever die. What have you been reading? I'm open to any suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment