Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ladies Love Lyrics: "I'm Not Afraid"

I just discovered this track by Ms. Jilly from Philly. The words are deep and amazing. I'm digging it. I just felt like sharing it. As a poet, I'm always about the words. They move me. So, upon reading the words, I had to YouTube the track. I was sold. I'm also kind of biased because I am a fan. She was the highlight of Essence Festival 2010 for me. Jill Scott gives a great show because she has great material, great voice and is just all around awesome personified.


The lyrics:
"I'm not afraid, to be your lady
I'm not afraid, to be your whore
I'm not afraid, to be your future
I'm not afraid, to be your soil
In which you plant your seed
Flowers, they sprout for me
My fragrance in the breeze
You must nurture me please

I'm not afraid, to be your baby
I'm not afraid, to be your strength
I'm not afraid, to be open wide
I'm not afraid, to be gluttonous."


No comments:

Post a Comment