Saturday, March 05, 2011

It's Raining



"Life is like a rainbow. You need both the sun and the rain to make its colors appear."

It's raining here today. I'm not a big fan of being in the rain. but, I absolutely love listening to the rain. Hearing it hit the window pane is intoxicating. It is calming to my spirit. I love the fact that the rain cleanses the Earth. I love the smell of the rain approaching. Also the feel of wet grass under my feet reminds me of being a kid. I think my fascintaion with rain stems for my love of water. I am a big fan of ridiculously long, hot showers and equally as long baths. I, however, cannot swim but love to be in a pool. Crazy but so very true.

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.” - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

So, as I sit here listening to the soundtrack that this storm is providing, I begin to think about songs about rain. There are some classic tracks that come to mind. I think I love songs about rain as much as hearing the rain. The rain calms me. It seems to make everything around me peaceful. I am not a fan of thunder and lightning. That is never a good time for me. But, just rain is beyond blissful. I think I have waxed philosophically enough about my love for the sound of rain. So, enjoy the music while I finish enjoying this rain.

"A poet is someone who stands outside in the rain hoping to be struck by lightning." - James Dickey










2 comments: