Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Life is a "Sex & the City" Episode





My life, in parts, can almost always be summed up in "Sex & the City" quotes. The most ridiculous, insane, amazing, wonderful moments of my life are stored away in my head. And I always associate them with SATC moments. I have blogged before about my connection with ths show here and here. I tweeted something today that sparked this blog. It's crazy how a show can stay with you. I've been a fan since the first episode. Years later, I can still relate to the characters. Those four women, so unlike me, still feel familiar to me. Me, a little black girl from New Orleans, who has never been to NYC or owned a Birkin bag. I related to those four women.



Granted I haven't had the relationship track record they had or even the life moments. But there was something about them that spoke to a particular place in my life. Today, I just thought about some of my favorite quote from the show. I also remembered how they have been relevant to my life at different times. I felt like sharing a few of them here. If you're a SATC fan, then in sure you'll recognize them. Reminisce with me for a while. I'm going to watch the last season of SATC.


No comments:

Post a Comment