Friday, February 25, 2011

Musical Moment: Marsha Ambrosius



Marsha Ambrosius has a voice I've loved since she first hit the musical scene. She was the angelic voice of Floetry. She is now back with her fist solo cd "Late Nights & Early Mornings." It debuts on Tuesday, March 1, 2011. Her first single was a catchy tune entitled "Hope She Cheats On You (With A Basketball Player)." It was followed by the very conscious "Far Away." The video for the second single tackles the issue of gay issues and suicide. You can preview her cd before it drops on Bossip. I happen to love the whole thing. Stand out tracks to me are "Lose Myself," "Your Hands," "I Want You To Stay," and the title track. I actually thought her first single was funny but after listening to the whole cd, I see that it isn't needed. It just does not fit in with the rest of the songs. I digress, but I still like the cd. I will be purchasing her cd. It will be a great addition to my ridiculously huge (and still growing by the second) music collection.

4 comments:

  1. Her voice is A-Mazing and she looks so good in that album cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is!! The cd is so fluid and flows so well. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to get this. I need some R&B/Soul in my life. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ D - She is def worth the $$. I haven't stopped listening to it since I got it.

    ReplyDelete