Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Get Into It: Skylar Grey

You may not know her name ...yet. But you definitely know her voice. She is Skylar Grey, a singer/songwriter/producer. She was instrumental in writing all three versions of the Eminem/Rihanna hit "Love The Way You Lie," as well as the guiding voice of Dirty Money's smash hit "I'm Coming Home." I actually prefer the J. Cole/Skylar Grey version of "Coming Home" to the DM one. She is currently featured on Eminem's latest single "I Need A Doctor" which also features Dr. Dre. And, on Lupe Fiasco's "Words I Never Said" which is sure to be a controversial song. I actually liked her demo version of "Love The Way You Lie" more than Rihanna's vocals. She has a great voice. I happen to love singer/songwriters who can do both perfectly. She falls into this category for me. So, here are some of her songs and features. Get into it!!







2 comments:

  1. Her singing "the way you lie" gives me chills and is so much more intense. Provokes emotions you know... And as far as Lupe ft. her on The Words I Never Said - that's my shhhhhhhhhhhhht! Great post. I'm going to keep my eye (/ears) out for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is def a great voice. Her singing LTWYL is awesome. I am also very much in love with the Em & Dre track as well.

    ReplyDelete