Saturday, February 05, 2011

Just A Kid At Heart

I'm a huge believer in the old adage that "you're only as old as you feel." And, with that said, I am 31 years young. I think that adults forget that a little kid still lives in their heart. We sometimes forget to enjoy life. We can all just be kids at heart.

There have been times when I will just color or paint just to ease my mind. It reminds me of simpler times from my youth. I miss those carefree days. Back then, I had no clue how easy breezy my life was. I love to play games with my nieces and nephews. That will def keep anyone young. I love to are their faces light up when they win. That image warms my heart.

Take today for instance: we're watching "Happy Feet." Two adults with no children in sight enjoying the hell out of an animated movie. This movie makes me happy. I love the musical aspect of it and the general storyline. I am not ashamed to say that cartoons still make me smile. But, I like old school cartoons like Smurfs, Tom and Jerry, Strawberry Shortcake, and the like. You can keep these new age cartoons. For the most part, they are weird and silly to me.

We should all take the time to enjoy our lives. Life is filled with so much stress and drama. Why not find some simple way to enjoy it? I don't ever want stop laughing at the silly things. There is nothing wrong with that. We tend to take things much too seriously in life. I bet that an afternoon of cartoon watching would help you de-stress. I know it did for me today. Are you just a child at heart? Talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment