Sunday, December 28, 2014

Just Because I Felt Like It: J. Cole



J. Cole has had my attention since I first heard his mixtape. I've been a fan. But, there is something different about his mindset and music this time around. He has been visible in the Michael Brown/Ferguson protests. He's used his voice to give this cause some shine.  His new cd "2014 Forest Hills Drive" is so dope to me. I love the growth in his lyrics and his beat selection is great. During his promo run, he performed "Be Free" on David Letterman. Which is amazing for two reasons. This song is not on his new cd. It's the song he recorded after Brown was killed. It was such a raw performance. I loved it. I wish he would've included it on his new project. He followed that up with a very open and honest interview with Power 105's Angie Martinez. Both are videos you need to watch. J. Cole is amazing to me. He has solidified it with this project. Get into this. 






No comments:

Post a Comment