Monday, November 24, 2014

Movie Review: "Maleficent"


I know, I know, I am super late watching "Maleficent." But, truth be told, I wasn't that keen on seeing it. I am not a big fan of Angelina Jolie and I never have been. I've liked a few of her movies, mainly "Salt," Wanted," and "Taking Lives." I also had no clue what "Maleficent" was or about. So, when it came out, I overlooked it. I heard so many great reviews of it that I decided I had to see it.I also read up on the movie. "Maleficent" is actually a different point of view about "Sleeping Beauty." I never heard of the greatest villain knows as Maleficent. I was more than intrigued by this movie. I saw that it would be available via On Demand on November 4th. I spent some time Saturday afternoon watching it. My conclusion is that it is amazing!! I loved it. Angelina was perfect as the villain. Elle Fanning was charming as the princess. Great movie all around. 



I love the cinematography and the acting. It was, to me, A Disney movie reimagined for adults. Most of the movie is really dark in lighting on purpose. I do not see this as a movie for children. I felt so bad for Maleficent during most of this movie. I am always conflicted when I feel for the villain in a movie. But, it just goes to show that the bad guys aren't always inherently bad. And, that we all possess the ability to be good as well as bad. My favorite part of the movie were the final scenes. I enjoyed the fact that the movie did not end the way I thought it would. I love the unexpected when it comes to movies. If you have not seen this movie, I suggest you check it out. It's that good. Get into it: "Maleficent" starring Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning. 







No comments:

Post a Comment