Sunday, November 02, 2014

Movie Review: "Gone Girl"


The new movie "Gone Girl" has been out for a few weeks now. I've wanted to see it since the trailers premiered. Finally, after a failed attempt when the film reel was broken, I got to see what all the hype was about. "Gone Girl" was an incredibly diabolical film. the acting was superb. I knew that Ben Affleck would kill it because that is what he does. I'm a fan. But, I was pleasantly surprised by the great job done by Tyler Perry. When he was on the screen, I was transfixed with him and I never once saw Madea which is a great feat. The breakout star is no doubt the actress who portrays Amy Dunne, Ms. Rosamund Pike. She was, hands down, the best person in the whole film. It also stars Neil Diamond Patrick and Swoosie Kurtz. The movie is based on the book by the same name by Gillian Flynn. I am currently reading the book because I was so impressed by the film. 



The premise of the movie is quite simple: missing wife leads to husband being the main suspect. But, nothing in this movie is what it seems. On the morning of Nick and Amy's 5th wedding anniversary, Amy disappears. What ensues after this discovery is a winding trail down the proverbial rabbit hole. I loved all of the twists and turns that this movie took. I never knew what exactly was real or fiction or what was actually going on. But, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. It is not a short movie at 2 hours and 25 minutes but I didn't even realize that much time had passed. The movie was that good. I will definitely see it again and buy it when it comes out on dvd. I recommend anyone who likes a good suspense or murder mystery movie to see this. Get into "Gone Girl."



"Love is the world's infinite mutability; lies, hatred, murder, even are all knit up in it; it is the inevitable blossoming of its opposites, a magnificent rose smelling faintly of blood." -- Tony Kushner, "The Illusion"

No comments:

Post a Comment