Friday, March 28, 2014

It's My Hair: Straight Hair Don't Care


I've been a very good naturalista for the last few months. I've spent more time on my hair. I deep conditioned often. I gave myself hot oil treatments and clipped my ends regularly. I avoided heat like a former friend who did me wrong. I've had a lot of fun playing with my hair. I am still very partial to a braid out or a bantu knot out. I combat "bad hair days" (aka days when my hair didn't dry all the way or the style didn't come out quite right) with buns. And, then came the day that I got bored with my hair. So, I did something I haven't done in over 6 months. I decided to flat iron my hair. *gasp* I know I was shocked too. This was an adventure to say the least. 




I started by rubbing my whipped shea butter mix throughout my hair. My homemade shea butter mix is shea butter, grapeseed oil, a little vitamin e oil, and glycerin. It is my favorite thing to use in my hair. Then I sprayed my hair with Fructis Flat Iron Heat Protector. I proceeded to spend the next almost 2 hours straightening my kinky, coily tresses. When it was finally straight, I couldn't believe how long it was. I haven't truly seen the length of my hair in at least a year. I also clipped my ends. I then decided to take it one step further and curled my hair. I wanted a full, bouncy look. That is exactly what I ended up with. My hair was so thick and pretty once I was done. I was more than satisfied with my results. It's been two days and I still cannot stop touching my hair. I have been pin-curling it at night to keep my roots straight and my ends curled. I am not sure how long I will keep it this way but I really like it. I probably won't use heat on my hair until the end of the year. This luxurious look is a winner. Get into my tresses, people!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment