Saturday, March 01, 2014

Giving The Answer His Due





Allen Iverson had his jersey officially retired by the Philadelphia 76er's earlier tonight. This was a bittersweet night for me. I am a total fan of the man. Have been since the first time I saw him shake a few players and drive to the hole. I was mesmerized. Yes, I noticed he was cute. And, this was before the braids and tattoos. Allen was simply adorable to me. But, I was a basketball fan and the man could ball. I had never seen a man who is short by NBA standards with so much heart play the game with such intensity before. Allen owned the court every time he stepped on it. In that moment, he became my favorite player and the Sixers were my team. For a decade, there was nothing anyone could tell me about my player or my squad. They were it for me. So, tonight was special. The crowd in Philly showed up and showed out for AI. His speech made me cry. The crowd was loving him shouting "MVP." It was an epic night that ended with his #3 banner being raised to the rafters. Beautiful send off for Philly's own adopted son. Great job, Allen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment