Thursday, March 20, 2014

Around These E-streets (XII)


  • The new initiative to Ban Bossy is unique. Please visit the site, learn and get involved. In the words of Beyonce', "I'm not bossy. I'm the boss!!" 
  • The missing plane is crazy. This story freaks me the hell out. How does one just lose a plane full of people? The non-explanations are frightening. 
  • There are things I read that really blow my mind. Like this story. A 48 year old white woman who is HIV positive said she didn't know white people could contract the virus. Excuse me?!? This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. It is 2014 and people need to wake up. It is not a Black and Brown disease only. 
  • Chimamanda Adiche defended Beyonce' last night. She also states that "Whoever says they're feminist is bloody feminist" and I totally agree. Her book "Americanah" is next on my to be read list. She is so dope to me. 
  • Happy International Day of Happiness!! Also, watch Congressman John Lewis dance to Pharrell's "Happy."


  • The Boondocks is coming back 4.21.14. but, there seems to be some drama. According to this article, Executive Producer and Creator Aaron McGruder may not have anything to do with it. What?! I don't know what to think. I hope that the man who gave us Huey and Riley is still working on his show. I'll keep an eye on this story. 
  • I don't think there is a person lower than one who hurts, harms, kills kids. They are the lowest form of scum. This story broke my heart. RIP Lylah Aaron. #years old is way too young to die. 
  • As a kid, Jem and the Holograms was one of my favorite cartoons. There is now a Jem movie in the works. Who's happy about this?!? Me, that's who!! I'm sure it'll be "totally outrageous!!" If you do not get that reference, you are way too young!! 
  • The below video is hilarious. This kid is so serious. Please watch! 






No comments:

Post a Comment