Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Faking It Til You Make: The Music Version

For the last month and a half, I've been playing this one song daily. It's a motivational tool for me. One of those "fake it til you make it" moments. It also happens to be one of my favorite Boyz II Men songs. It's "Doin Just Fine" from their "Evolution" cd. I've always thought this was the ultimate "I'm finely over the person who broke my heart songs." While I'm not there yet, this song gives me hope. I find it ironic that this is the first song on the cd and it is followed by "Never" which is another song that has been getting a lot of play in my world. The lyrics for both are things I feel I need to hear daily so that I don't completely check out on certain aspects of life. Especially on today of all days. Today is a bad day. But, music makes it slightly better. If you've never heard them, do yourself a favor and get into them (and their lyrics) below. If you've ever been brokenhearted, these songs will resonate with you on a deeper level. Let's listen.




"I'm doin' just fine 
Getting along very well 
Without you in my life 
I don't need you in my life 
I'm doin' just fine 
Time made me stronger 
You're no longer on my mind 

You were my earth 
My number one priority 
I gave me love to only you 
Anything you'd ask of me 
I would do 
But somewhere down the road 
You felt a change in the weather 
And told me that you had to journey on 
A kiss in the wind and your love was gone..."



"Never, never let a broken heart
Take a chance for love away
Don't ever let it make you fall apart
Never, never ever let the pain
Take your need for love away
Never, no never

And I know it seems hard
Open up, let down your guard
But you owe it to your heart
Try again
Oh, comes a time
When we must change
With the past
Has thrown away
Don't take the blame
Don't be ashamed
Throw your fears away..."

No comments:

Post a Comment