Friday, October 03, 2014

It's My Hair: 3 Years & Counting!




This past week I reached a major milestone. I've been natural for 3 years now. It's been three long years since I last had a relaxer. I am more than amazed with myself. My hair has grown so much in the last year. In the beginning, there were detractors, people who didn't support my journey. I persevered. I made a choice for me and any future daughter I would have. I wanted to know what my hair felt like in its natural state. I wanted to see if I could wean myself off of my dependency to relaxers. I was able to do all of that. I won. For the last three years, I've been winning. My natural hair journey has been exciting for me. I've learned so much about my personal skill set and my very kinky, very coily natural hair. I am so proud of myself for conquering this huge deal. My hair has grown to bra strap length. I am aiming for waist length hair in the next year or two. Once I reach that level, I do not know what I will do. I've included my favorite hair shots from this year. There have been so many different styles. I like diversity and change. My natural hair works for me. 




I dyed my hair this year. It's been 4 years since I last did this. I am loving my new color. My hair is so healthy and thick and long. I am not used to keeping my hair long. In my former life, I was a scissor happy hair person. But, I decided to see how long I could go without cutting my hair. So far, so good. In the next year, I am just focused on width as well as length in regards to my hair. I want it to stay healthy and keep it's thickness. My hair is truly an extension of me. It's my statement to the world. I love that I've stuck to my natural journey. I know that my vitamin intake has helped with my growth. I have only straighten my hair twice this year. I prefer my hair in its kinky, curly natural state. I am happy with my hair developments. Cannot wait to see what comes next. Healthy hair makes for a happy Kenda. Happy 3rd anniversary to me!!



No comments:

Post a Comment