Saturday, September 27, 2014

This Past Week


This past week has been a really heavy one for me for two very specific reason. I dread September 23rd yearly. It is the day my Dad was killed. It's been 16 years. Some years are easier than others. This was not an easy year. Mainly because I have felt like I needed him more in the last two years. Wait, no. I know I needed him in 2013. It was a dark year and I desperately need fatherly advice from my Father. It's moments like those that remind me that I am a fatherless daughter and it sucks. My Dad was not a perfect man or father but he was mine. I look at pictures of him and see myself in his face. It's crazy how one person's act (killing my Dad) could STILL affect a family years later. His picture is below. We have the same nose, same eyes. His face is my face. I miss that man.   


The second reason is the guy in the picture below. He is my Uncle Larry. His birthday was September 26th. He was killed in 2000. He was my absolute favorite person when I was growing up. He was a father figure. I was blessed to have him in my life. He talked to like an adult even though I was a kid. He was straight up and straight forward with me. He schooled me on life, boys, and music. I miss sitting in my room with him and just zoning out to music. He was taken from us way too soon. Unlike with my Dad's case, we received justice. It took 8 years but his killer was arrested and convicted. On his birthday, I always remember those little gems he always dropped on me. I still miss him. This week took a lot out of me emotionally. But, I made it  and I know both my Dad and uncle would want it that way. Happy Birthday, Uncle Larry. Rest in peace, Daddy. 



"Some days, I just miss my Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment