Monday, October 27, 2014

Puzzle Pieces


The phrase "puzzle pieces" has been in my head all week.  I am in a period of transition. Honestly, I have been for a while. But, for the first time, I can see clearly. The clouds are lifting and the sun is peeking through. In this metaphor, my life is the puzzle that needs it's pieces. This means that I am attempting to put myself back together again. Some pieces no longer fit the woman I am today so they have to be discarded. The thing about being broken is that no matter how hard you try, you will never put yourself back together the same way. There are slivers of you that you will never find. So, all the glue and tape in the world would only be able to hold together the biggest pieces of the puzzle that you are. There will be cracks where the person you used to be existed. 
 "I'm in repair 
  I'm not together  
  but I'm getting there"
                         -- John Meyer "In Repair"

Some days I sit and write these pieces on paper so that I can "see" myself more clearly. I feel as though there are characteristics that no longer belong in my life. They no longer work with the woman I am becoming. The one thing I know is that I will be better than I was. No one person or situation will ever stop me in my tracks again. No one will no longer have the power to break me. I am taking back my power and I feel damn good about it. I spent a lot of time reflecting, writing, and drinking this weekend. Everything was put into perspective once it was done. This is the best I've felt in a really long time and I am so thankful for it. The pieces of the puzzle that I call my life are fitting together perfectly again. What more can I ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment