Sunday, December 22, 2013

Movie Review: "Catching Fire"



"The Hunger Games" trilogy happens to be one of my favorite series ever. I could not wait for the movies to be made. I was impressed with the way the first movie, "The Hunger Games," came out. The movie was great. The movie on the screen was an exact replica of the one in my head. The imagery was spot on from the book to the screen. I really enjoyed the actors in the movie. I could not wait to see what they would do with the second film, "Catching Fire." It took me a little while to get around to seeing it because life happened to get in the way. But, I finally caught it this weekend. I was not disappointed. It was great. I hate that I waited so long to see it. But, I already know I will be purchasing it when it's released on dvd. I need it in my collection. 
 


I loved how vivid the imagery is throughout the entire movie. It is as colorful and in depth as it was on the page as well as in my head. One of my favorite scenes is the one depicted in the two pictures above. I loved that Cinna's dress for Katniss was so dope. I love how it went from the most over the top white wedding dress to this black mockingjay with wings dress. Some things never change. I hated President Snow in the books, hate him even more in the films. Katniss, Haymitch, Peeta and Gale are all wonderful characters who portray that on screen.  They make the words come alive. I was enthralled from the opening scene to the credits. Hands down, it is simply a great film. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am excited to see what the directors, producers and actors do with "Mockingjay" parts one and two. If you haven't seen "Catching Fir," you should do so. I guarantee you will enjoy it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment