Saturday, December 21, 2013

It's My Hair: Fabulous Results



Since I am having the best week with my natural hair, I decided to write about it. The change in weather has been a plus for this naturalista. I've changed my conditioner for my cowash. I'm still using Suave but not its the almond + shea butter conditioner. I am in love with the smell of it. It works wonders on my hair. I am still enamored with the Obia Shampoo Bar. This week, I've been using the Obia Curl Hydration Spray daily. I love the effect it has on my hair. It gives it a shine and my curls seem to pop more. I love that. So, I two strand twisted my damp hair with Curls Unleashed Curl Cream. I let it air dry for a full day. Then that night, I bantu knotted the two strand twists. I sprayed the Obia Curl Hydration Spray on my hair before I went to sleep. The above picture shows how dope my hair came out the next morning. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I was having a great hair day.  





The pic below is the outcome of bantu knot out with just using the LOC method. I used the Obia Curl Enhancing Custard as the C (cream) for my LOC.  There was a lot of shrinkage here. Also, my hair wasn't as moisturized as I would've liked. I corrected this the next day by adding the Obia Curl Hydration Spray. It worked like a charm. I am really loving my natural hair this winter. With the weather being cooler, my hair styles seem to last longer. Also, I don't have an issue with frizz either. So, for that, I am thankful. I love that I am still learning more about my hair in its natural state over 2 years later. This started out as a simple quest. One that I believed would most likely end up with me going back to relaxers. I do not see that happening. I'm enjoying my hair in a way that I never did before. I take so much more time with my hair now. It's been a journey that I needed to take for myself. Happy Holidays, Naturalistas!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment