Wednesday, May 29, 2013

New Music: The Dream "IV Play" & Fantasia "Side Effects of You"



It's new music time again!!! Let's begin with two projects that I cannot stop playing. The Dream is back. I can honestly say he never disappoints me. His cd's are always full of good music. "IV Play" is no different. I have my favorite tracks already. They are "High Art" which features Jay-Z; "Turnt" which features Beyonce' & 2 Chainz; "Where Have You Been?" which features Kelly Rowland; "Equestrian," and "New Orleans." The cd is very feature heavy but it didn't really bother me. The music is just good. I can let the whole thing play which is a plus. I think if the right singles are dropped it could be a great summer cd. I think I like "IV Play" as much as I liked his debut.






Also, back with new music is Fantasia. Her new cd "Side Effects of You" is a banger as well. Her first single is "Lose To Win." I wasn't a fan of this song until I saw her "American Idol" performance followed by her album release performance. She slayed both of them effortlessly. I became excited about her new work. She didn't let me down either. I love "Side Effects of You" (the title track), "Change Your Mind," "In Too Deep," and Without Me" (which features Kelly Rowland and Missy Elliott) the most. The entire project is golden to me. Great music from Fantasia. Both projects are worth your money. I am loving the direction that R&B is returning to. Get into this.





No comments:

Post a Comment